Thursday, January 24, 2013

Wool Coat Re Fashion

I found this nice wool Harve' Bernard coat at the thrift store a few weeks ago for $4 and finally got around to giving it a little make-over.
 

















   The coat was in really great condition, but it was a size 12 so I needed to cut it down a little.  After about a good day of ripping, cutting & sewing back together - I ended up with this.  I was hoping to dress it up a little but also give it a more vintage feel. Its hard to see the details in the pics, but I think it turned out pretty cute.
Since the original coat was pretty roomy in the back. I was able to add some fun details to the back waist.

I also added some vintage lace and old buttons to the front and on the sleeves and pocket openings.

I ended up cutting about 6 inches out of this coat to make it fit me.  Tomorrow I will tell you how I did it.

No comments:

Post a Comment